Friday, August 10, 2012

Great Customer Service From UPS!

I wanted to share what happened to me yesterday when I called out on Twitter for help (which I wasn't actually expecting any).     Over the weekend I ordered a new camera and lens, which I'll be talking about in the coming week here, but I got Amazon.com Prime 2 Day Shipping with it.  They told me it was going to be delivered "Guaranteed" by Tuesday August 7th, 2012.   I did what any anxious customer would do.  As soon as my tracking information arrived in my e-mail on Saturday I immediately pulled it up on the computer to Track it.   Unfortunately, all I received was that a shipping label had been made but the item was not at the UPS facility yet   I figured, this is Saturday, of course they won't have anything or Sunday either.  When yesterday (Monday) came around I decided to check it out again.   Again there was still no information.  Now I'm starting to worry!   So around noon yesterday I decided to tweet a call for help.  I really didn't expect an answer from Amazon, but I also added @UPS to my tweet.
I sure hope @Amazon_com Prime Delivery Estimates are guaranteed. No @UPS Tracking Updates yet???.... strange!#Delivery#UPS#AMAZON

Within minutes members of the UPS Team responded to me asking me to e-mail them for a follow-up.  I did so with all the information I had and was told pretty much what I already figured, but they also said they were pretty sure it was not going to get there by Tuesday and would be there Wednesday August 8th.   Bummer...... but that's not the end of it of course.   I did write back to them saying how annoying the "Amazon" system can be as I would have done overnight, but they didn't offer it, but that I was very thankful for the prompt service from UPS.   Within 30 minutes of my exchange with UPS I suddenly had Tracking Information.   The information said the item had just gotten to the UPS Facility from the shipper (so they never sent it out until Monday, which is normal since UPS doesn't work on weekends)  But that wasn't the only surprise I had.   My shipment was "2nd Day Air" with a delivery of Wednesday Aug. 7th.  But on top of it was a message it said  "Tuesday, 08/07/2012, By End of Day"       So I'm not actually sure what happened, but it would appear to me that my friendly UPS customer service people went in there and bumped my package up to "1 Day Air"         I think that is pretty cool.  Even if it happened to have been Amazon, I'm going to let UPS take the credit here because they were great helpful and FAST!    Way to go guys!


A screenshot of my UPS Tracking page.

No comments:

Post a Comment