Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Project 365" Day 39 - These Walls We Built

Day 39 - These Walls We Built
Day 39 - These Walls We Built



“So will I break down the wall that you have daubed with untempered mortar, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and you shall be consumed in the middle thereof: and you shall know that I am the LORD.”  - Ezekiel 13:14
Although the quote fits somewhat, this is not what got me thinking about this photograph.  I can’t say for certain that this was pre-visualized.  It probably was, somewhere in the back of my brain.  What got me thinking about this though was a sermon that the pastor, at the church I regularly attend, was giving last Sunday.  He was talking about some of the differences in moving to California from the Mid-East.  ”There are walls everywhere” was one of them.  He spoke of the walls falling down in the Northridge Earthquake in the early 90’s, “All of the walls had tumbled in the earthquake, and for once we really got to know our neighbors.”
Maybe the quote is more fitting than I first thought, but it makes me really think about how we build walls (Physically and Emotionally) that hold us back.  It’s important to remember…  There is more on the other side.  If you crack open your walls and slowly take them down, you will discover the beauty that lays beyond.
Enjoy
-Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment